Let’s start with, the need of SEO. Why does your business need SEO?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the foundation of any digital business. SEO brings visitors to your website organically.
Organic leads convert 3 times more than any other type of leads – paid, social, email and referral.
Also revenue per organic conversion is 120% more than any other conversion type.
Get ready to develop your own step by step SEO.
SEO Audit & Keyword Research
Research your audience, key competitors, and key word profile. Perform comprehensive audit of your beta tags, URL structure, site speed, internal and external links, duplicate content, and keyword density.
- Learn thoroughly about the HTML tags used for describing your web pages on w3schools.
- For creating SEO friendly URL structure, use keywords in URLs.Separate folders & page with slash. Separate keywords with hyphens. The Image below is the perfect example of SEO friendly URL of Hubspot.
- Site speed is the time in which the content of your website gets loaded. There are many different aspects to have a faster site speed.
- Your internal links are the one which redirect visitor to one of your own website page.
- Your external links are the one which redirect to any external webpage. Refer this image by Moz.
When your website content appears on more than URL it is termed as duplicate content.
Your duplicate content can divert traffic to different pages, which can make you lose traffic. A perfect example of duplicate content can be this.
There are number of tools out there. Some free, some paid — that help you to look at all the aspects of SEO as per the Google’s algorithm.
- Keyword Density plays an extremely important role to push your specific page higher on Google. Keyword Density is the number of times a particular keyword is appearing on your page.
- For starters there are free tools like Google Webmaster Tools, Check My Links. They are good.
- Pro SEOs can use tools like Screaming Frog SEO Spider, SEMrush which agencies like Bleap use.
- Make your own Audience Research Template which helps you understand your audience, your industry, your competition (direct and lateral) well enough to draw a context.
- Buyer Persona – Develop buyer persona and buyer journey for your business to get a clear idea of keywords you use for SEO.
- Certain customers search by broad category while others by long tail search words including brand, product, size, colour etc. You can refer this template by creative companion and create one for defining your buyer’s persona.
- Device diversity (mobile vs. desktop) also adds a new layer of complexity.
- Ethnographic and Cultural insights also determine buyers’ persona. Study this data and trends to design a customized experience for every persona. The better you know your customers and their search behaviour, the better you are able to drive conversion and revenue through SEO.
- Keyword Research – Keywords research is the core activity that helps in displaying your website at the top position in the search engine.Get into the skin of your customer and draw a comprehensive list of target keywords that helps customers find your category and brand easily and organically. This is an ongoing and an iterative process. Your buyer’s persona is the basis for your keyword research.
- Competitive Analysis – Competition as seen by you could be different as seen by your customers. Customers more often than not are looking for solutions to their problems. In this process, they search across categories and that’s the real competition.
- Backlinks – It is important to build relevance and recency for our brand through building relationships with relevant and more searched sites. This is an ongoing process and takes time and patience. Periodically it will improve your brand awareness and I recommend it.